Free Information Available from the National Institute on Aging (NIA)
NIA has many free booklets and fact sheets that might be useful to caregivers.
Here are just a few you might find of particular interest:
- Caring for a Person with Alzheimer’s Disease: Your Easy-to-Use Guide from the National Institute on Aging
- End of Life: Helping With Comfort and Care
- Getting Your Affairs in Order
- Healthy Eating After 50
- Home Safety for People with Alzheimer’s Disease
- Nursing Homes: Making the Right Choice
- Older Drivers
- Online Health Information: Can You Trust It?
- Talking With Your Doctor: A Guide for Older People
There’s No Place Like Home—For Growing Old: Tips from the National Institute on Aging
All NIA resources can be ordered online at http://www.nia.nih.gov/health or by calling 1-800-222-2225 (toll-free) or 1-800-222-4225 for TTY (toll-free).